Chocolate-Dipped Almond Thins
- In a medium bowl let egg whites stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line large cookie sheets with foil or parchment paper. If using foil, lightly grease the foil; set aside. In a small bowl combine almonds, butter, and vanilla; set aside.
- Beat egg whites with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form (tips curl). Gradually add sugar, beating on high speed until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight). Fold in about half of the flour. Gently stir in almond mixture. Fold in the remaining flour until thoroughly combined.
- For each cookie, drop 1 level tablespoon of the batter onto prepared cookie sheets, leaving 2 inches between mounds. Using the back of a spoon, spread each mound into a 2-inch circle. If necessary, coat the back of the spoon with nonstick cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until cookies are just golden brown around edges and centers are set. Cool cookies completely on cookie sheets; lift cookies off parchment paper or foil and place on wire racks.
- Dip each cookie halfway into melted chocolate. Use a thin metal spatula to scrape chocolate to a thin, even layer on the cookie. Place cookie on a waxed paper-lined cookie sheet and let stand until chocolate is set (if necessary, place cookies in the refrigerator to set the chocolate). To store, place cookies in single layers between waxed paper in an airtight container. Cover and seal. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
From the Test Kitchen
Choose Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking. Follow package directions to use product amount equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar.
Per Serving with Substitute: Same as above, except 63 cal., 7 g carb.
Nutrition Facts (Chocolate-Dipped Almond Thins)
- Per serving:
- 69 kcal ,
- 4 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 4 mg chol. ,
- 14 mg sodium ,
- 9 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 6 g sugar ,
- 1 g pro.