Easy Chocolate Chip Cookie Sticks
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a cookie sheet; set aside. In a large bowl stir together the cookie dough, flour, egg, and cinnamon (use hands, if necessary). Divide dough in half. Shape each half into 5x4-inch rectangle on the prepared cookie sheet, spacing about 3 inches apart.
- Bake about 15 minutes or until brown. Cool on cookie sheet on a wire rack.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Cut rectangles crosswise into 1/2-inch slices. Turn slices, cut sides up, on cookie sheet. Bake for 8 minutes. Cool on cookie sheet on a wire rack.
- Transfer cookies to a sheet of waxed paper. In a small microwave-safe bowl combine semisweet chocolate and shortening. Microwave, uncovered, on 100% power (high) for 30 seconds; stir. Continue to microwave at 10-second intervals until smooth, stirring after each interval. Drizzle over cookies. Let stand until set.
From the Test Kitchen
Layer cookies between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Facts (Easy Chocolate Chip Cookie Sticks)
- Per serving:
- 130 kcal ,
- 6 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 15 mg chol. ,
- 53 mg sodium ,
- 18 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 1 g sugar ,
- 2 g pro.