Recipes and Cooking Whole Wheat Chocolate-Blueberry Cake Be the first to rate & review! Sneak some extra nutrition into your chocoholic's diet. This rich chocolate cake recipe is hiding whole-wheat flour and blended blueberries inside for a fiber and vitamin boost. By BHG Test Kitchen BHG Test Kitchen The Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen has been in continuous operation for nearly 100 years, developing and testing practical, reliable recipes that readers can enjoy at home. The Test Kitchen team includes culinary specialists, food stylists, registered and licensed nutritionists, and other experts with Bachelor of Science degrees in food science, food and nutrition, or culinary arts. Together, the team tests more than 2,500 recipes, produces more than 2,500 food images, and creates more than 1,000 food videos each year in the state-of-the-art test kitchen. Learn about BHG's Editorial Process Updated on March 19, 2021 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Photo: Andy Lyons Prep Time: 35 mins Bake Time: 30 mins Cool Time: 1 hr Total Time: 35 mins Servings: 9 Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients 1 cup whole wheat flour 1 cup sugar 6 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder ¾ teaspoon baking powder ½ teaspoon baking soda ¼ teaspoon salt ¾ cup water ½ cup fresh blueberries 1 egg 1 cup frozen light whipped dessert topping, thawed ½ cup semisweet chocolate pieces Fresh blueberries and/or Blueberry Sauce (see recipe below) Blueberry Sauce ½ cup frozen light whipped dessert topping, thawed ½ fresh blueberries Directions Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In medium bowl combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In blender combine water, blueberries, and the egg. Cover and blend until smooth. Add to flour mixture. Whisk until well combined. Pour into greased 8x8x2-inch baking pan. Bake 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack. Invert onto serving platter. In small microwave-safe bowl combine dessert topping and chocolate pieces. Micro-cook, covered, on 50 percent power (medium) 1 minute. Stir until smooth. Let stand 5 minutes. Pour onto cooled cake, spreading evenly. Cut cake into squares to serve. Top with fresh blueberries. Serve with Blueberry Sauce. Makes 9 servings. Blueberry Sauce In blender combine dessert topping and blueberries. Cover and blend until smooth. Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 230 Calories 6g Fat 45g Carbs 4g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe 9 Calories 230 % Daily Value * Total Fat 6g 8% Saturated Fat 4g 20% Cholesterol 24mg 8% Sodium 176mg 8% Total Carbohydrate 45g 16% Total Sugars 31g Protein 4g Vitamin C 1.8mg 9% Calcium 40.4mg 3% Iron 1.4mg 8% Potassium 160mg 3% Folate, total 12.1mcg Vitamin B-12 0.1mcg Vitamin B-6 0.1mg *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.