Chipotle Shrimp, Mango, and Pasta Salad
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Rinse shrimp; pat dry with paper towels. Halve shrimp lengthwise; set aside. Cook pasta according to package directions, adding shrimp during the last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain pasta and shrimp; rinse with cold water and drain again. Transfer pasta and shrimp to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl stir together buttermilk, mayonnaise, cilantro, onion powder, dry mustard, and ground chipotle chile pepper.
- Add sweet pepper, mango, carrot, and green onions to pasta and shrimp. Toss to combine. Add dressing; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with additional snipped cilantro and serve with lime wedges. Serve immediately or cover and chill for up to 2 days.
From the Test Kitchen
Use almost any pasta shape you like for this colorful salad, such as bowties, penne, or elbow macaroni. Go for the interesting flavors of alternative grain pastas such as buckwheat pasta, ancient-grain pastas made with quinoa or spelt, gluten-free brown rice pasta, or sprouted wheat pasta.
Pack salad in a container with tight-fitting lid. Always pack your lunch in a cooler or insulated container, if possible. Keep food cold by including freezer packs, a sealed bag with ice, or a frozen beverage. Once you arrive at your destination, store food in a cool place. If possible, keep it in a refrigerator. If no refrigerator is available, store the lunch out of the sun and away from heat.
Nutrition Facts (Chipotle Shrimp, Mango, and Pasta Salad)
- Per serving:
- 406 kcal ,
- 9 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 4 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 2 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 145 mg chol. ,
- 386 mg sodium ,
- 55 g carb. ,
- 8 g fiber ,
- 19 g sugar ,
- 29 g pro.