Chimichurri Quinoa and Corn Patties
- In a medium saucepan bring the 1 1/4 cups water to boiling; stir in quinoa. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 8 minutes. Stir in corn. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes more. Remove from heat. Let stand, covered, for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine eggs, cornmeal, chopped red onion, parsley, cilantro, oregano, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, and the cayenne pepper. Stir in quinoa mixture and bread crumbs.
- Using about 1/3 cup mixture for each patty, shape quinoa mixture into eight 3/4-inch-thick patties. Heat a lightly greased griddle over medium heat. Cook patties, half at a time, on hot griddle for 6 to 8 minutes or until heated through and golden, turning once. Keep patties warm in a 300 degrees F oven while cooking the remaining patties.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl whisk together vinegar, oil, black pepper, and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add lettuce, tomato, and sliced red onion; toss gently to coat. Divide lettuce mixture among serving plates. Top each serving with two cooked patties.
Nutrition Facts (Chimichurri Quinoa and Corn Patties)
- Per serving:
- 265 kcal ,
- 11 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 6 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 93 mg chol. ,
- 603 mg sodium ,
- 31 g carb. ,
- 4 g fiber ,
- 4 g sugar ,
- 9 g pro.
Christy Spencer 1352 Days Ago
I thought this was a pretty good recipe. I used red quinoa and it looked a lot like a burger. It ended up being more of a quinoa fritter, I just spooned it out onto the girdle and shaped it into a patty there. It seemed a little bland to me, and I used beef stock instead of water to cook the quinoa, so I would probably add some cumin next time, and maybe some feta cheese or a creamy sauce of some kind.