Chile-Lime Grilled Tiger Shrimp with Avocado Cocktail Sauce
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Peel and devein shrimp, removing tails. Rinse shrimp; pat dry with paper towels. Place shrimp in a resealable plastic bag set in a shallow dish.
- For marinade, in a small bowl combine lime juice, habanero chile sauce, and garlic. Pour marinade over shrimp. Seal bag; turn to coat shrimp. Marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to 1 hour, turning bag occasionally (the shrimp will get spicier the longer they marinate). Drain shrimp, discarding marinade.
- Thread shrimp onto four or five metal or bamboo* skewers, leaving 1/4 inch between shrimp. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- For a charcoal grill, grill skewers on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 7 to 9 minutes or until shrimp are opaque, turning once halfway through grilling. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place skewers on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above.)
- To serve, divide Avocado Cocktail Sauce evenly among eight chilled glasses. Remove shrimp from skewers. Place three shrimp in each glass. Garnish with lime wedges. If desired, top with sour cream.
From the Test Kitchen
If using bamboo skewers, soak them in water for at least 1 hour before grilling.
Avocado Cocktail Sauce
- In a medium bowl combine avocados, tomatoes, cilantro, lime juice, horseradish, Worcestershire-style marinade for chicken, salt and pepper. Cover and chill for 2 to 6 hours.
Nutrition Facts (Chile-Lime Grilled Tiger Shrimp with Avocado Cocktail Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 238 kcal ,
- 15 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 97 mg chol. ,
- 494 mg sodium ,
- 13 g carb. ,
- 6 g fiber ,
- 15 g pro.