Chickpea Deviled Eggs
- Halve hard-cooked eggs lengthwise and remove yolks. Set whites aside. Place three of the egg yolks in a food processor. Discard the other yolks.
- Add garbanzo beans, celery, yogurt, sugar, the 2 tablespoons green onion, the lemon juice, yellow mustard, the water, parsley, salt, and celery seeds to the yolks in food processor. Cover and process until smooth.
- Fill each egg white half with 2 teaspoons of the garbanzo bean mixture.
- If desired, garnish with additional green onion, sliced grape tomatoes, and/or quartered cucumber slices. If desired, serve eggs with pita chips.
From the Test Kitchen
Choose from Splenda Granular, Truvia spoonable or packets, or Sweet-N Low bulk or packets. Follow package directions to use product amount equivalent to 2 tablespoons sugar.
PER SERVING WITH SUBSTITUTES: same as above, except 93 calories, 9 g carb., 1 g total sugar Exchanges: 0 other carb., .5 lean meat
Nutrition Facts (Chickpea Deviled Eggs)
- Per serving:
- 100 kcal ,
- 2 g fat
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 46 mg chol. ,
- 273 mg sodium ,
- 11 g carb. ,
- 3 g sugar ,
- 9 g pro.