Spicy Chicken with Cucumber Yogurt Sauce
- Combine the yogurt, ginger, garlic, curry, salt, paprika, cinnamon, and cayenne in a bowl; let stand 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, if using chicken wings cut each wing into two portions at the first joint. Place wings and/or drumsticks into a 2-gallon resealable plastic bag set in a shallow dish; pour on yogurt mixture. Seal and chill 6 to 24 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Drain chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Line two 15x10x1-inch baking pans with foil; lightly coat with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange chicken in prepared pans (if using both drumsticks and wings, place them on separate pans. Bake small drumsticks for 35 minutes; bake chicken wings 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through (180 degrees F).
- Cool chicken slightly. Transfer to storage containers; cover and chill overnight.
- For a charcoal or gas grill place on a well-greased grill rack directly over medium heat. Cover and grill 10 to 15 minutes or until heated through, turning once after 5 minutes*. For a grill pan. Do chicken in batches. Grill directly on a greased grill pan for 10 to 15 minutes until heated through, turning once*.
- Transfer chicken to platter; top with mint. Serve with Grilled Peppers and Cucumber Yogurt Sauce.
From the Test Kitchen
Do not turn too soon or chicken may stick to grill. If chicken does stick, loosen with a metal spatula before turning.
- Halve and seed sweet peppers; brush lightly with olive oil. Grill directly over medium coals for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly charred, turning once.
Cucumber Yogurt Sauce
- In a medium bowl combine plain yogurt, cucumber, garlic, salt, ground cumin, fresh basil or mint; if desired mix well. Refrigerate 1 to 4 hours before serving. Sprinkle lightly with curry powder, if desired, before serving. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Spicy Chicken with Cucumber Yogurt Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 343 kcal ,
- 21 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat ,
- 4 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 8 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 100 mg chol. ,
- 589 mg sodium ,
- 10 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 7 g sugar ,
- 28 g pro.