Quita's Egg Battered Fried Chicken
- Place the batter fry mix in a shallow bowl; set aside. In another shallow bowl slightly beat eggs; set aside.
- Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Dip chicken pieces, 1 at a time, into beaten eggs; coat with fry mix. Dip into the beaten eggs and coat with fry mix again. Repeat with remaining chicken pieces, beaten eggs, and fry mix.
- Add oil to a 12-inch heavy skillet to a depth of 1/3 to 1/2 inch. Heat over medium-high heat until hot enough to sizzle a drop of water. Carefully add chicken to skillet. (Do not crowd chicken. If necessary, use 2 skillets.) Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 30 minutes, turning about halfway through to brown evenly. (Cook to 170 degree F for breasts; 180 degree F for thighs and drumsticks). Drain chicken pieces on paper towels.
- Pass bottled hot pepper sauce with chicken. Serves 6.
From the Test Kitchen
*Fry Mix Option:
In a shallow bowl combine 2/3 cup all-purpose flour, 3 Use in place of the fry mix as directed above.
Nutrition Facts (Quita's Egg Battered Fried Chicken)
- Per serving:
- 546 kcal ,
- 38 g fat
- (9 g sat. fat ,
- 10 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 16 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 249 mg chol. ,
- 417 mg sodium ,
- 14 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 35 g pro.