Pear and Chicken Salad
- Snap off and discard woody bases from asparagus. If desired, scrape off scales. In a large saucepan cook asparagus, covered, in a small amount of boiling lightly salted water for 3 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain; set aside.
- Meanwhile, brush cut sides of pears with lemon juice; set aside. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken on the grill rack directly over medium heat; grill for 5 minutes. Turn chicken. Add pears to the grill rack, cut sides down. Grill chicken and pears for 7 to 10 minutes more or until chicken is no longer pink (170 degrees F) and pears are tender. If desired, add asparagus the last 3 minutes of grilling.
- Transfer chicken to a cutting board; slice chicken. Cut pear halves in half, forming 8 quarters.
- On 4 dinner plates, arrange greens, chicken, and asparagus. If desired, stir milk into Blue Cheese Dressing to reach desired consistency. Spoon dressing over salad. Add pear pieces. Makes 4 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
To rinse and drain salad greens, you can use a salad spinner.
Blue Cheese Dressing
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt, red onion, crumbled blue cheese, chives, and ground white pepper. Cover; chill until ready to serve. Makes 2/3 cup.
Nutrition Facts (Pear and Chicken Salad)
- Per serving:
- 267 kcal ,
- 3 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 86 mg chol. ,
- 315 mg sodium ,
- 22 g carb. ,
- 6 g fiber ,
- 13 g sugar ,
- 39 g pro.