Orange Chicken Kabobs with Honey-Mustard Dipper
- Cut each chicken breast half lengthwise into four or five strips. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Set aside. Finely shred enough peel from the lemons to make 1 tablespoon. Squeeze enough juice from the lemons to make 1/4 cup.
- In a medium nonmetallic bowl, combine orange marmalade, broth, lemon peel, and lemon juice. Add chicken; toss gently to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 4 hours, stirring occasionally.
For dipping sauce:
- In a small bowl, combine honey, mustard, mayonnaise, and sesame seeds. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. On skewers*, thread chicken strips, accordion-style. For a charcoal grill, place chicken skewers on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill for 10 to 12 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning occasionally to brown evenly. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place chicken skewers on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above.)
- Serve chicken with dipping sauce. Makes 8 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least 30 minutes before grilling.
Nutrition Facts (Orange Chicken Kabobs with Honey-Mustard Dipper)
- Per serving:
- 217 kcal ,
- 4 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 76 mg chol. ,
- 466 mg sodium ,
- 13 g carb. ,
- 12 g sugar ,
- 30 g pro.