No-Fuss Snack Mix Chicken
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, set aside. Place melted butter or buttermilk in shallow dish or pie plate. In another shallow dish or on waxed paper place crushed snack mix. Remove skin from meaty chicken pieces. Dip chicken in butter to coat; then dip in snack mix to coat evenly. Place chicken in prepared pan.
- Bake until chicken is no longer pink (170 degrees F for breasts; 180 degrees F for thighs and drumsticks). Allow 50 to 60 minutes for meaty chicken pieces or 30 minutes for skinless boneless breast halves.
- In a self-sealing storage bag or storage container with tight-fitting lid reserve 2 breast halves or 4 legs or thighs for Zesty Lemon-Chicken Salad Sandwiches; refrigerate up to 2 days. Makes 4 servings plus enough for Zesty Lemon-Chicken Salad Sandwiches.
From the Test Kitchen
*Test Kitchen Tip:
To crush snack mix, place in self-sealing plastic bag. Remove excess air and close bag. Roll a rolling pin over snack mix in bag. (Or place snack mix in food processor bowl; cover and process until crushed.)
**Test Kitchen Tip:
When purchasing meaty chicken pieces, figure 1 breast or 2 legs or thighs per serving.
Nutrition Facts using buttermilk:
526 cal., 23 g total fat (6 g sat. fat), 158 mg chol., 639 mg sodium, 26 g carbo., 2 g dietary fiber, 53 g protein. Daily Values: 6% vit. A, 3% vit. C, 11% calcium, 17% iron.
Nutrition Facts (No-Fuss Snack Mix Chicken)
- Per serving:
- 863 kcal ,
- 61 g fat
- (28 g sat. fat ,
- 7 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 19 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 249 mg chol. ,
- 715 mg sodium ,
- 23 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 1 g sugar ,
- 58 g pro.