Lemon-Herb Chicken and Vegetable Kabobs
- Remove a narrow strip of peel from the center of each potato. Cook potatoes, covered, in a small amount of boiling water for 12 minutes. Add zucchini and cook, covered, for 1 to 2 minutes more or until vegetables are nearly tender. Drain and cool.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. Cut each breast half into 4 lengthwise strips. Place chicken in a plastic bag in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- For marinade, in a bowl combine the lemon juice, olive oil, water, garlic, basil, thyme, salt and pepper. Add potatoes and zucchini to the plastic bag with the chicken. Pour the marinade over chicken and vegetables in the bag. Close bag and turn to coat well. Marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes or in the refrigerator for 2 hours, turning bag occasionally. Drain the chicken and vegetables, reserving marinade.
- On 2 long or 4 short skewers, alternately thread the chicken, accordion style, with potatoes and zucchini.
- Or, to broil, place skewers on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat for 5 minutes, brushing with marinade frequently. Turn and broil for 3 to 5 minutes more or until chicken is tender and no pink remains, brushing with marinade often. Makes 2 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Team these hearty kabobs with a crisp lettuce salad and icy cold glasses of lemonade.
Nutrition Facts (Lemon-Herb Chicken and Vegetable Kabobs)
- Per serving:
- 352 kcal ,
- 11 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 72 mg chol. ,
- 78 mg sodium ,
- 34 g carb. ,
- 30 g pro.