Lemon Chicken Salad
- Place chicken in a plastic bag in a deep mixing bowl. Pour lemon juice over chicken in bag. Close bag and turn chicken to coat well. Marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes or in the refrigerator for 1 hour, turning bag occasionally. Drain chicken, discarding lemon juice.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken breast halves with lemon-pepper seasoning, pressing into surface.
- In a medium skillet cook chicken in hot olive oil or cooking oil over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken is tender and no pink remains, turning often to brown evenly. Remove from skillet. Cut chicken across the grain into 1/2-inch-wide strips.
- Meanwhile, for dressing, in a small bowl stir together the honey, brown or Dijon-style mustard, and lemon juice. Set aside.
- Divide mixed greens, cucumber, and tomato between 2 individual salad bowls or plates. Arrange the hot chicken strips atop the greens and vegetables. If desired, garnish with the nasturtiums or other edible flowers. Serve with the dressing. Makes 2 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
For a light and refreshing meal, serve soft breadsticks and icy glasses of lemonade with this salad.
Nutrition Facts (Lemon Chicken Salad)
- Per serving:
- 294 kcal ,
- 11 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 54 mg chol. ,
- 663 mg sodium ,
- 28 g carb. ,
- 23 g pro.