Italian Braised Chicken with Fennel and Cannellini
- Sprinkle chicken pieces with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and the pepper. Place chicken in a 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker. Top with cannellini beans, fennel, sweet pepper, onion, garlic, rosemary, oregano, and crushed red pepper. In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, white wine, tomato paste, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt; pour over mixture in cooker.
- Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Sprinkle each serving with Parmesan cheese and parsley.
Nutrition Facts (Italian Braised Chicken with Fennel and Cannellini)
- Per serving:
- 225 kcal ,
- 4 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 68 mg chol. ,
- 777 mg sodium ,
- 23 g carb. ,
- 7 g fiber ,
- 5 g sugar ,
- 25 g pro.
meredithva2112073 351 Days Ago
This was very tasty!! I made with boneless skinless chicken thighs, garnished with Parmesan and gremolata (parsley, garlic, lemon zest mixture) and served with gemelli tossed in olive oil. Definitely adding to my regular rotation.
Claire Oliver 754 Days Ago
for the first ingredient( 2-2 pounds chicken drumsticks...) , is it two 2-pound portions (totaling 4 pounds) or just two pounds total?