Hot and Cheesy Chicken Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place chicken in bottom of a 13x9x2-inch baking dish or 3-quart rectangular casserole. In large bowl combine broccoli, rice, and peas. Spread mixture over the chicken. In medium bowl combine cream of chicken soup, nacho cheese soup, diced tomatoes, milk, and crushed red pepper. Stir in 1/4 cup of the cheddar cheese and 1/4 cup of the mozzarella cheese. Pour mixture over broccoli mixture in baking dish. Sprinkle crushed crackers evenly over all. Top with remaining cheddar and mozzarella cheeses.
- Bake, uncovered, 35 to 40 minutes or until topping is golden. Makes 8 to 10 servings.
- *If you do not have leftover rice, cook 2/3 cup long grain white rice or brown rice in 1-1/3 cups boiling water for 15 minutes (40 minutes for brown rice) or until water is absorbed.
From the Test Kitchen
*If you do not have leftover rice, cook 2/3 cup long grain white rice or brown rice in 1-1/3 cups boiling water for 15 minutes (40 minutes for brown rice) or until water is absorbed.
Nutrition Facts (Hot and Cheesy Chicken Casserole)
- Per serving:
- 354 kcal ,
- 15 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 65 mg chol. ,
- 886 mg sodium ,
- 29 g carb. ,
- 4 g fiber ,
- 5 g sugar ,
- 26 g pro.
Gail Gilmore 498 Days Ago
Way-y-y too spicy! I made it without the optional crushed red pepper, and it almost blew our brains out. With leftovers, we had to add bland dinner rolls to cut the spiciness.
Meaghan Weedon 1108 Days Ago
Just tried this tonight - it was pretty decent, but a few things I would have tried differently: instead of adding a can of cream of chicken, I would substitute for another can of the fiesta nacho cheese soup. I would also decrease the milk and the amount of broccoli a little and increase the crackers on top.
M Haines 1455 Days Ago
I mixed all ingredients together, instead of layering them, and it was a hit with everyone in my house! I did skip the milk (I don't like casserole to be too runny) and the peas (not my favorite).