Hot and Spicy Braised Peanut Chicken
- In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker, place onions, carrot, and sweet pepper. Top with chicken. In a medium bowl, whisk together broth, peanut butter, lime peel, lime juice, soy sauce, tapioca, ginger, curry paste, and garlic until smooth. Pour over all in cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2-1/2 to 3 hours. Stir in coconut milk and peas. Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Serve chicken mixture over hot cooked rice. If desired, sprinkle each serving with chopped peanuts and cilantro. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Hot and Spicy Braised Peanut Chicken)
- Per serving:
- 444 kcal ,
- 15 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat ,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 4 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 126 mg chol. ,
- 708 mg sodium ,
- 39 g carb. ,
- 4 g fiber ,
- 7 g sugar ,
- 37 g pro.
cneuhaus5 50 Days Ago
Delicious & easy, I've added this to my regular rotation! Not overly spicy even with 3 teaspoons curry paste. A little garllicky for me so I used 2 cloves, and I buy & use breasts. Was out of coconut milk, substituted 1/2 & 1/2 & that was just as yummy.
Wanda Abraham 1449 Days Ago
They need to fire whoever put this website together... Very frustrating... so much clicking. Most of the time I click to see reviews and get nothing. Lots of people seem to complain the recipes don't show up... crazy.