Corn Salsa Over Chicken
- Cook the corn according to package directions. Drain well.
- For salsa, in a medium mixing bowl stir together the corn, tomato, jalapeno pepper or green chili peppers, onion, cilantro or parsley, lemon or lime juice, 1 tablespoon olive oil or cooking oil, and garlic. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- In a medium skillet cook chicken, uncovered, in 1 tablespoon hot olive oil or cooking oil over medium heat for 15 minutes, turning to brown evenly. Reduce heat; cover tightly. Cook for 25 minutes. Uncover; cook for 5 to 10 minutes more or until the chicken is tender and no pink remains. Drain on paper towels.
- Or, to grill, omit olive oil. Place chicken pieces, skin side down, on the rack of an uncovered grill. Grill directly over medium coals for 20 minutes. Turn chicken and grill 15 to 25 minutes more or until the chicken is tender and no pink remains.
- To serve, transfer chicken to individual plates. Spoon salsa over chicken. Serves 2.
From the Test Kitchen
Patty pan squash, orange wedges, and crusty hard rolls are great accompaniments to the salsa-topped chicken.
Nutrition Facts (Corn Salsa Over Chicken)
- Per serving:
- 369 kcal ,
- 26 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat ,
- 77 mg chol. ,
- 143 mg sodium ,
- 9 g carb. ,
- 24 g pro.