Chicken with Black Beans and Rice
- In a large resealable plastic bag combine flour, 1 teaspoon of the chili powder, the salt, and pepper. Add chicken pieces, half at a time. Seal bag; shake to coat.
- In a very large skillet brown chicken on all sides in hot oil over medium heat about 10 mintues, turning occasionally. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside; discard drippings. Add beans, undrained tomatoes, tomato juice, corn, uncooked rice, the remaining 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, the cayenne pepper, and garlic to the skillet. Bring to boiling. Transfer rice mixture to a 13x9x2-inch baking dish or 3-quart rectangular casserole. Arrange chicken pieces on top of rice mixture.
- Bake, covered, in a 375 degrees F oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (170 degrees F for breasts; 180 degrees F for thighs and drumsticks) and rice is tender. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Chicken with Black Beans and Rice)
- Per serving:
- 437 kcal ,
- 16 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat ,
- 4 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 6 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 86 mg chol. ,
- 634 mg sodium ,
- 40 g carb. ,
- 5 g fiber ,
- 3 g sugar ,
- 35 g pro.
Kimberly Robinson 1415 Days Ago
Made this and followed te recipe to the T.... chicken was not done and rice was very very hard. It smelt delicious, but it all went in the trash!