- Use your fingers to rub jerk seasoning evenly onto both sides of chicken.
- For a charcoal grill, place chicken on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill for 12 to 15 minutes or until chicken is done (170 degree F), turning once. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place chicken on grill rack directly over heat. Cover and grill as above.) Or, place chicken on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat for 12 to 15 minutes, turning once.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, in a small saucepan combine coconut milk, orange juice, and half of the basil. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 5 minutes or until reduced to 1/4 cup.
- If desired, stir the orange peel into cooked rice. Serve the chicken and sauce over rice. Sprinkle with the remaining basil. Makes 2 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
For 4 servings:
Prepare as above, except cook sauce until reduced to 1/2 cup (in step 3).
Nutrition Facts (Chicken Caribbean)
- Per serving:
- 294 kcal ,
- 8 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 66 mg chol. ,
- 108 mg sodium ,
- 25 g carb. ,
- 2 g sugar ,
- 29 g pro.