Chicken and Vegetable Pizza
- Drain artichokes; reserve liquid. Cut artichokes into bite-size pieces; set aside.
- Cook zucchini or squash and sweet pepper in hot oil in a large skillet until crisp-tender; remove. Add mushrooms and onion to skillet. Cook until just tender; remove. Cook raw chicken, half at a time, for 2 to 3 minutes or until no longer pink. Return all chicken to skillet. If using previously cooked chicken, add to skillet now. Stir in the artichoke liquid and hearts, tomatoes, olives, vinegar, garlic powder, seasoned salt, oregano, and basil. Combine cornstarch and water, add to skillet. Cook and stir until bubbly; cook 1 minute more. Return all vegetables to skillet and stir.
- Place chicken mixture and cheeses on top of an unbaked 12-inch pizza crust and bake as directed. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Homemade Pizza Crust:
- Combine 2/3 cup bread flour or all-purpose flour, 1/2 package active dry yeast, 1/2 teaspoon sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Add 2/3 cup warm water (120 degree F to 130 degree F) and 1 teaspoon olive oil. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, scraping bowl. Beat on high speed 3 minutes. Stir in 2/3 cup more flour. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead in additional flour to make a moderately stiff dough that is smooth and elastic (6 to 8 minutes total). Shape dough into a ball. Place in a lightly greased bowl; turn once. Cover and let rise in a warm place until double in size (45 to 60 minutes). Punch dough down. Cover and let rest 10 minutes. Roll into a 12-inch round on a lightly floured surface, building up edges slightly. Transfer to greased baking sheet. Arrange desired toppings on top. Bake in a 425 degree F oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Makes one 12-inch pizza, 6 to 8 servings.
Frozen Bread Dough Crust:
- Use 1 pound frozen whole wheat or white bread dough, thawed. Place on lightly floured surface and let rest 10 minutes. Roll out and proceed as directed in Homemade Pizza Crust.
Italian Bread Shell Crust:
- Use one 16-ounce (12-inch) purchased Italian bread shell (such as Boboli). Place on a greased baking sheet and arrange toppings on top. Bake in a 400 degrees degree F oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown and toppings are hot.
From the Test Kitchen
Make it a meal with cheese soup and apple wedges with caramel sauce.
Nutrition Facts (Chicken and Vegetable Pizza)
- Per serving:
- 496 kcal ,
- 23 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat ,
- 46 mg chol. ,
- 964 mg sodium ,
- 42 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 33 g pro.