Chicken and Lemon-Broccoli Alfredo
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. In large skillet brown chicken and mushrooms 4 minutes in hot oil, turning chicken halfway through.
- Meanwhile, shred 2 teaspoons lemon peel; set aside. Slice lemon. Add broccoli and lemon slices to skillet. Cover; cook 8 minutes or until chicken is done (170 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer).
- Place chicken and vegetables on plates. Add Alfredo sauce to skillet; heat through. Serve with chicken. Add lemon peel and pepper. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Chicken and Lemon-Broccoli Alfredo)
- Per serving:
- 295 kcal ,
- 12 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 91 mg chol. ,
- 705 mg sodium ,
- 16 g carb. ,
- 4 g fiber ,
- 5 g sugar ,
- 35 g pro.
janmcdivitt 130 Days Ago
This recipe sounded so good and had my favorite ingredients. Unfortunately, it really missed the mark. It was slightly bitter and yet, didn't have much flavor. Pre-made alfredo sauce sounded like a good idea, but just confirmed my aversion to commercial sauces. Now, what do I do with the leftovers?
Joan Majtenyi 680 Days Ago
I agree with those who question the lemons, but I'd probaby try it if it was' for the use of bottled Alfredo sauce. I'd never make it. I don't use such bottled sauces beause they contain too many preservatives and other additives. Tomato-based sauces are OK, but now these.
Michelle Byers 754 Days Ago
Super quick, easy dinner and it was delicious. We served over Quinoa w/brown rice. YUM!
Carolyn Holley 987 Days Ago
This is one of my favorite dishes.....I love chicken recipes and with the extra added touch of broccoli, mushrooms and lemon, sends this dish over the top!.....EXCELLENT!...Making it all the time!
Fp Nelson 1137 Days Ago
I don't know-the concept sounds delicious but I'd have to tweak it. I wouldn't include whole lemons-pith from lemon peels and whole lemons should be removed as they are bitter. Never bought jarred or store-bought Alfredo Sauce which is actually very easy to make. And-I'd serve this w/pasta.
Sheila Ewing 1196 Days Ago
This dish was horrible...the chicken and veggies tasted very bitter...I guess from using the lemon slices...and bottled Alfredo sauce was not a good idea.! Two thumbs down!
Mintie 1202 Days Ago
What a rip... I want to make my own light alfredo sauce, not some sodium infested packaged sauce!