- In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker, combine mushroom soup, soy sauce, and ginger. Stir in chicken, stir-fry vegetables, and mushrooms.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours.
- Stir cashews into chicken mixture. If desired, serve over hot cooked rice. Makes 6 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
For really fast rice, use two 8.8-ounce pouches cooked whole grain brown rice and heat them in the microwave according to package directions.
Nutrition Facts (Cashew Chicken)
- Per serving:
- 256 kcal ,
- 8 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 68 mg chol. ,
- 1026 mg sodium ,
- 13 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 4 g sugar ,
- 31 g pro.
How To Video
kmobrien2 1105 Days Ago
Not to toot my own horn, but I am a really good cook. This was the worst recipe that I have ever made, slow cooker or otherwise. It looks, and tastes, like hot garbage. I will never make this again. No one should.
Rosa Russell 1240 Days Ago
This wasn't very good. The flavor was bland, so I added some garlic powder in at the end. And the vegetables were mushy. Won't be making this again.
Julie Spaight 1824 Days Ago
While the flavor of the sauce was fine, the veggies were totally mushy by the time I got home from work. Next time, I will wait to add the veggies till the very end. (That is, steam the veggies and add to chicken and sauce just before serving.
Leslie O'Brien 1874 Days Ago
This tasted like something from a cafeteria. I've made a lot of slow cooker recipes over the years and this one didn't cut it. I'm rarely one to follow recipes exactly, but this time, I thought, why not. It was bland. Bland. Bland. Worse yet, the 6-8 hours slow cooking? The food was done in 4 (on low heat). The general idea is there, but needs considerable fix up to be something that I would consider eating again.