Buffalo Chicken Wings with Blue Cheese Dressing
- In a large bowl toss the drummettes with 2 tablespoons of the cayenne pepper sauce, 1 teaspoon of the cider vinegar, the garlic powder, and the ginger.
- Arrange drummettes on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink, turning once. Drizzle chicken with remaining 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper sauce and 1 teaspoon cider vinegar.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine sour cream, blue cheese, green onion, white wine vinegar, lemon juice, and sugar. Serve dressing with chicken drummettes and carrot and celery sticks.
From the Test Kitchen
Grasp the edge of the skin with a paper towel and pull it away from the drummette.
If you can't find chicken drummettes,
start with 12 chicken wings. Cut off the wing tips; discard or save for making stock. Cut wings at joints to form 24 pieces.
Nutrition Facts (Buffalo Chicken Wings with Blue Cheese Dressing)
- Per serving:
- 112 kcal ,
- 4 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 24 mg chol. ,
- 216 mg sodium ,
- 10 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 3 g sugar ,
- 9 g pro.