Buffalo Chicken Drumsticks with Blue Cheese Dip
- Place drumsticks in a 4- or 5-quart slow cooker. In a medium bowl, combine hot sauce, tomato paste, vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over chicken in cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, blue cheese, and cayenne pepper. Reserve half of the blue cheese dip (3/4 cup); store as directed below. Cover and chill the remaining dip until ready to serve.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove drumsticks from cooker. Skim fat from cooking juices. Reserve eight of the drumsticks and 1 cup of the cooking juices; store as directed below. Serve remaining drumsticks with some of the remaining cooking juices, the remaining blue cheese dip, and celery sticks. Makes 4 servings and reserves.
From the Test Kitchen
To store reserves:
Place blue cheese dip in an airtight container. Remove skin and meat from drumsticks, discarding bones. Using two forks, shred chicken (2-1/2 to 3 cups). Place shredded chicken and the 1 cup cooking juices in a second airtight container. Seal and chill for up to 3 days.
Nutrition Facts (Buffalo Chicken Drumsticks with Blue Cheese Dip)
- Per serving:
- 454 kcal ,
- 33 g fat
- (11 g sat. fat ,
- 10 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 7 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 141 mg chol. ,
- 2084 mg sodium ,
- 6 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 2 g sugar ,
- 31 g pro.