Balsamic-Glazed Chicken Tenders
- Finely shred peel from orange; set aside. Juice orange. In a medium saucepan combine applesauce, vinegar, cardamom, juice from the orange, salt, and pepper. Bring to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to low. Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes. Remove from heat; cover to keep warm.
- Season chicken lightly with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook until golden brown on bottom, about 4 minutes. Turn chicken and add 1/2 cup of the applesauce mixture to skillet. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- To serve, top chicken with some of the applesauce mixture, orange peel, and, if desired, fresh thyme. Pass remaining applesauce mixture.
Nutrition Facts (Balsamic-Glazed Chicken Tenders)
- Per serving:
- 208 kcal ,
- 4 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 66 mg chol. ,
- 207 mg sodium ,
- 15 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 13 g sugar ,
- 27 g pro.
cneuhaus5 1336 Days Ago
Fantastic & easy, 5 stars, I'd give it 6 if I could! Enough addictive, gutsy sauce for 2 pounds chicken--so flavorful we forgot to use the orange peel & it was still outstanding! I used nutmeg, added 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch to thicken a bit, will go scant on the black pepper next time. Don't go generous on the balsamic, either. No fresh thyme so I added 2 shakes ground. 2/3 c cinnamon applesauce equals 2, 4 ounce individual serving cups w/total 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon added. Would serve this to company!
SueMart455 1961 Days Ago
balsamic vinegar is ingredient #3
Rhonda Robinson 2012 Days Ago
Why is called Balsamic glazed? No balsamic vinegar in it?