Chicken with Escarole and Warm Mustard Dressing
- In a large bowl combine escarole and fennel; set aside. Season chicken with salt and black pepper. In an extra-large skillet heat 2 Tbsp. of the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add half the chicken to skillet; cook 4 minutes or until browned and no longer pink, turning once. Transfer to a plate; cover with foil to keep warm. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- For dressing: Add shallot to skillet. Cook and stir 30 seconds. Add vinegar; stir until evaporated, scraping up any browned bits. Pour 1/2 cup water into skillet; cook, uncovered, 2 minutes or until reduced by about half. Remove from heat. Whisk in mustard and remaining 2 Tbsp. olive oil. Pour 3 Tbsp. dressing over escarole and fennel, tossing lightly. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Stir any accumulated juices from chicken into dressing in skillet. Serve with chicken and escarole mixture.
From the Test Kitchen
Escarole, a sturdy green with a slightly bitter but bright flavor, holds up to this warm mustard dressing. If you prefer, substitute romaine.
Nutrition Facts (Chicken with Escarole and Warm Mustard Dressing)
- Per serving:
- 294 kcal ,
- 17 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 11 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 83 mg chol. ,
- 488 mg sodium ,
- 8 g carb. ,
- 5 g fiber ,
- 3 g sugar ,
- 27 g pro.
anonymous9999 164 Days Ago
Delicious meal! I added a Lemon Pasta as a side, as my daughter isn't a big salad person. Easy, quick and absolutely perfect for a fancy meal or just a wonderful weeknight meal. Can easily substitute other greens, such as romaine, spinach, and kale. YUM!