Chicken, Prosciutto, and Gorgonzola Risotto
- In a 3-qt. saucepan heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally. Add rice; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until rice is golden, stirring frequently.
- Meanwhile, in a 1 1/2-qt. saucepan bring broth to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and keep broth simmering. Carefully stir 1/2 cup of the broth into rice mixture. Cook over medium heat until broth is absorbed, stirring frequently. Continue adding broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring frequently until broth has been absorbed. Stir chicken and prosciutto into rice with final 1/2 cup broth. Rice should be tender and creamy (should take 20 to 25 minutes).
- Top servings with cheese and, if desired, lemon zest.
From the Test Kitchen
Caramelized Onion Risotto
Prepare as directed, except while risotto is cooking, in a 10-inch skillet heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil over medium-low heat. Add 2 cups halved and sliced onions; cook, covered, 15 minutes. Cook, uncovered, 10 to 15 minutes more or until golden, stirring frequently. Stir caramelized onions and 1 cup bite-size pieces cooked asparagus into rice with final 1/2 cup broth. Final food: 102173165
Per Serving: 332 cal, 22 pro, 34 carb, 13 fat (3 sat fat), 62 chol, 2 fiber, 4 sugar, 687 sod. 4% vit A, 8% vit C, 4% cal, 10% iron.
To substitute 1/2 cup dry white wine for 1/2 cup of the broth, gently heat the wine separately and stir it into the rice as the first 1/2 cup of liquid.
Nutrition Facts (Chicken, Prosciutto, and Gorgonzola Risotto)
- Per serving:
- 286 kcal ,
- 10 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 5 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 62 mg chol. ,
- 685 mg sodium ,
- 28 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 1 g sugar ,
- 21 g pro.