Chicken-Mango Chopped Salad with Coconut Milk Dressing
- Place chicken in a resealable plastic bag set in a shallow dish. For marinade, in a small bowl combine 1 cup of the coconut milk, 2 tablespoons of the lime juice, 1 tablespoon of the soy sauce, and the crushed red pepper. Pour marinade over chicken. Seal bag; turn to coat chicken. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 4 hours, turning bag once or twice. Drain chicken, discarding marinade.
- Coat a grill pan with cooking spray; heat pan over medium heat. Add chicken; cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (170 degrees F), turning once. Chop chicken.
- For dressing, in a small screw-top jar combine the remaining 1/4 cup coconut milk, the remaining 3 tablespoons lime juice, the remaining 2 tablespoons soy sauce, the almond butter, honey, and Asian chile paste. Cover and shake well.
- In a large bowl combine chicken, cabbage, mango, jicama, cucumber, sweet pepper, red onion, and cilantro. Add dressing; toss well to coat.
From the Test Kitchen
To Serve Salad in Wraps:
Spoon the chicken mixture onto 6 oval whole wheat wraps. Sprinkle with almonds; roll up wraps.
Nutrition analysis per serving: 368 calories, 34 g protein, 39 g carbohydrate, 11 g total fat (2 g sat. fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 9 g fiber, 12 g total sugar, 21% Vitamin A, 83% Vitamin C, 652 mg sodium, 6% calcium, 7% iron
To Serve Salad in Red Sweet Pepper Halves:
Cut 3 red sweet bell peppers in half. Spoon the chicken mixture into the 6 halves. Sprinkle with almonds.
Nutrition analysis per serving: 267 calories, 28 g protein, 19 g carbohydrate, 9 g total fat (2 g sat. fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 4 g fiber, 12 g total sugar, 59% Vitamin A, 209% Vitamin C, 344 mg sodium, 6% calcium, 8% iron
Nutrition Facts (Chicken-Mango Chopped Salad with Coconut Milk Dressing)
- Per serving:
- 248 kcal ,
- 9 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 4 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 72 mg chol. ,
- 342 mg sodium ,
- 16 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 10 g sugar ,
- 27 g pro.