Chicken in Avocado-Buttermilk Marinade
- Sprinkle chicken with salt. Place chicken in a freezer bag.
- For marinade, in a blender or food processor combine cut-up avocado, buttermilk, lime peel, lime juice, jalapeno peppers, and cumin. Cover and blend or process until smooth. Pour over chicken. Seal bag; turn to coat chicken. Freeze for up to 4 months.
- To serve, thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Place chicken on a rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake for 60 to 75 minutes or until done (at least 175 degrees F). Serve chickenn with avocado slices and lime wedges.
From the Test Kitchen
Because chile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid direct contact with them as much as possible. When working with chile peppers, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the peppers, wash your hands and nails well with soap and warm water.
Nutrition Facts (Chicken in Avocado-Buttermilk Marinade)
- Per serving:
- 498 kcal ,
- 36 g fat
- (10 g sat. fat ,
- 7 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 16 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 188 mg chol. ,
- 480 mg sodium ,
- 8 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 4 g sugar ,
- 34 g pro.