Chicken Churrascada with Grilled Corn and Paprika Butter
- Place wood chips in a medium bowl. Cover chips with water; soak for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, place corn in husks in a large bowl; cover with water and soak for 30 minutes. Drain chips and corn; set aside.
- In a small bowl combine orange juice, lime juice, onion powder, and garlic powder; whisk in olive oil and red wine vinegar to combine. On four 10- to 12-inch skewers,* thread chicken, accordion-style. Sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper.
- For a charcoal or gas grill, add soaked chips according to manufacturer's directions. Place chicken and corn on the rack of a covered grill directly over medium heat. Grill for 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and corn husks are charred; turn chicken and corn occasionally and brush chicken with juice mixture for the first half of grilling. Discard any remaining juice mixture.
- Transfer cooked chicken and corn to a platter; set aside. Meanwhile, for paprika butter, on a cutting board mince garlic; sprinkle with the paprika, 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; use the flat side of a knife to mash garlic into a paste. In a small bowl combine butter and the mashed garlic; stir to combine.
- Before serving, remove corn from charred husks. Serve chicken and corn with paprika butter. If desired, stir snipped cilantro into hot cooked rice; serve with chicken and corn.
From the Test Kitchen
If using wooden skewers, soak in water for at least 30 minutes; drain before using.
Nutrition Facts (Chicken Churrascada with Grilled Corn and Paprika Butter)
- Per serving:
- 354 kcal ,
- 21 g fat
- (9 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 7 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 125 mg chol. ,
- 627 mg sodium ,
- 19 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 6 g sugar ,
- 26 g pro.