Chicken, Bacon, and Veggie Skillet
- In a large saucepan cook green beans in a small amount of boiling water about 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Immediately plunge into ice water to stop cooking.
- In an extra-large skillet cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon and drain on paper towels, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Cook chicken in the reserved drippings over medium-high heat for 12 minutes, turning once. Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm.
- Add squash to skillet; cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. In a medium bowl whisk together broth, flour, and lemon peel; add to squash in skillet. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Stir in green beans and chicken. Cook about 6 minutes more or until chicken is done (165 degrees F). Sprinkle with the reserved bacon. Serve with lemon wedges.
From the Test Kitchen
If you like, use 1 1/2 cups chicken broth and 1/4 cup dry white wine.
Nutrition Facts (Chicken, Bacon, and Veggie Skillet)
- Per serving:
- 272 kcal ,
- 11 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 4 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 105 mg chol. ,
- 891 mg sodium ,
- 8 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 3 g sugar ,
- 36 g pro.