Chicken and Sweet Potato-Stuffed Manicotti
- For filling, in a covered large saucepan cook sweet potatoes in enough boiling water to cover about 30 minutes or until tender; drain. Cool slightly. Peel sweet potatoes and return to saucepan. Mash with a potato masher.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan combine half-and-half, butter, ginger, and garlic. Bring to boiling; remove from heat. Let stand, covered, for 15 minutes. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve; discard solids. Stir half-and-half mixture, salt, and pepper into mashed sweet potatoes. Stir in chicken; cover and set aside.
- Using a small spoon, stuff each manicotti shell with a scant 1/3 cup of the filling. Place in the prepared baking dish. In a small bowl combine cream cheese and milk; spoon over manicotti shells. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover with foil.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with chives.
From the Test Kitchen
You can use the meat from a purchased roasted chicken, frozen diced cooked chicken, or leftover roasted or grilled chicken.
Prepare as directed through Step 4. Chill for 2 to 24 hours. To serve, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake, covered, about 45 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with chives.
Twist on a Classic
Nutrition Facts (Chicken and Sweet Potato-Stuffed Manicotti)
- Per serving:
- 420 kcal ,
- 14 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 2 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 70 mg chol. ,
- 713 mg sodium ,
- 53 g carb. ,
- 4 g fiber ,
- 9 g sugar ,
- 22 g pro.