Chicken and Chickpea Buddha Bowls
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In a 3-quart rectangular baking dish combine squash and shallots. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and the pepper. Toss to coat; spread in a single layer. Roast 20 to 25 minutes or until squash is tender, stirring twice.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan cook beans, covered, in a small amount of boiling water 6 to 8 minutes or until beans are just tender; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain well.
- In a bowl combine lemon juice, garlic, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add kale. Toss and rub kale leaves gently with your fingers until kale is well coated and leaves start to look wilted and glossy.
- Divide kale mixture, squash mixture, green beans, and chicken among four serving bowls. Drizzle with Sesame-Dijon Dressing and top with chickpeas.
From the Test Kitchen
To Make Ahead
Prepare as directed through Step 2. Place squash mixture and green beans in separate airtight containers; chill up to 24 hours. Prepare Sesame-Dijon Dressing as directed; place in an airtight container. Chill up to 24 hours. Continue as directed.
- In a bowl whisk together all ingredients. Transfer unused dressing to an airtight container; chill up to 3 days.
Nutrition Facts (Chicken and Chickpea Buddha Bowls)
- Per serving:
- 321 kcal ,
- 14 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat ,
- 3 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 6 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 30 mg chol. ,
- 530 mg sodium ,
- 34 g carb. ,
- 6 g fiber ,
- 11 g sugar ,
- 20 g pro.