Recipes and Cooking Chia Pudding Be the first to rate & review! If you need a tasty breakfast or a healthy snack, make your own chia pudding! You can customize this basic chia pudding recipe any way you want with toppers, or by making one of our tasty variations. By BHG Test Kitchen BHG Test Kitchen The Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen has been in continuous operation for nearly 100 years, developing and testing practical, reliable recipes that readers can enjoy at home. The Test Kitchen team includes culinary specialists, food stylists, registered and licensed nutritionists, and other experts with Bachelor of Science degrees in food science, food and nutrition, or culinary arts. Together, the team tests more than 2,500 recipes, produces more than 2,500 food images, and creates more than 1,000 food videos each year in the state-of-the-art test kitchen. Learn about BHG's Editorial Process Published on December 21, 2018 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Photo: Jacob Fox Hands On Time: 10 mins Chill Time: 2 hrs Total Time: 2 hrs 10 mins Servings: 4 Yield: 2 1/2 cups Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients 1 ¾ cup milk or unsweetened nondairy milk 1 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt 2 tablespoon honey, maple syrup, or agave syrup 1 teaspoon vanilla ¼ teaspoon kosher salt ½ cup chia seeds Toppers, such as fruit, toasted nuts, and/or toasted, unsweetened large coconut flakes Directions In a medium bowl whisk together milk, yogurt, honey, vanilla, and salt. Whisk in chia seeds. Divide chia mixture among four half-pint jars or 6-oz. bowls or ramekins. Cover and chill at least 2 hours or overnight. Serve with toppers. Coconut and Tropical Fruit Chia Pudding Prepare as directed, except substitute unsweetened light coconut milk for the milk and coconut or nondairy coconut yogurt for the plain yogurt. For fruit topper, in a small bowl combine 1/4 cup each chopped fresh pineapple and mango and 1 tsp. lime zest. Top with fruit and toasted unsweetened shredded coconut. Mexican Chocolate Chia Pudding Prepare as directed, except increase honey to 3 Tbsp. and whisk 3 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder and 1 tsp. ground cinnamon into chia mixture. Top with fresh raspberries or strawberries and/or chopped toasted hazelnuts. Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 208 Calories 8g Fat 24g Carbs 12g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe 4 Calories 208 % Daily Value * Total Fat 8g 10% Saturated Fat 2g 10% Cholesterol 9mg 3% Sodium 145mg 6% Total Carbohydrate 24g 9% Total Sugars 16g Protein 12g Vitamin C 0.6mg 3% Calcium 312mg 24% Iron 1.5mg 8% Potassium 231mg 5% Folate, total 14.6mcg Vitamin B-12 0.6mcg Vitamin B-6 0.2mg *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.