Cherry Pizza with Herbed Mascarpone and Arugula
- For crusts, in a large bowl stir together 1/2 cup of the flour and the yeast; stir in 1/2 cup of the warm water. Let stand about 5 minutes or until mixture is foamy. Stir in the remaining 2 cups flour, the remaining 1/4 cup warm water, 3 tablespoons oil, and 1 teaspoon salt. Using floured hands, knead to make a soft dough that is smooth, adding additional flour if necessary. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 2 hours.
- In a food processor combine mascarpone cheese, creme fraiche, chives, parsley, shallot, lemon peel, dash salt, and pepper. Cover and process until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Divide dough in half. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Grease an extra-large baking sheet with additional oil and sprinkle with cornmeal; set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each dough portion into a 10- to 12-inch round. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Brush with additional oil and prick with a fork. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until light brown and slightly puffed. Cool slightly.
- Carefully spread crusts with mascarpone cheese mixture and top with cherries. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes more or until crusts are golden and cherries are lightly browned. Cool slightly.
- Top pizzas with arugula and drizzle with honey. Cut into wedges.
From the Test Kitchen
Try these variations to make this pizza your own: Substitute fresh basil leaves for the arugula; try tarragon in place of the chives; or replace the mascarpone with part-skim ricotta; Try red grapes for the cherries.
Nutrition Facts (Cherry Pizza with Herbed Mascarpone and Arugula)
- Per serving:
- 489 kcal ,
- 28 g fat
- (12 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 12 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 50 mg chol. ,
- 512 mg sodium ,
- 54 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 9 g sugar ,
- 14 g pro.