Cherry Dark Chocolate Chip Bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13x9-inch baking pan with foil, extending foil over edges. Lightly grease foil.
- In a large saucepan cook and stir both sugars and butter over medium-low heat until melted and smooth. Remove from heat. Add eggs, one at a time, beating with a spoon until combined. Stir in vanilla. Stir in flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir in 1 cup of the white baking pieces. Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Bake 20 minutes. Sprinkle with dark chocolate pieces. Bake about 5 minutes more or until golden. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- For drizzle, in a small saucepan cook and stir remaining 1/2 cup white baking pieces and shortening over low heat until melted. Spoon drizzle over cookies. When set, use foil to lift cookies out of pan. Cut into bars.
From the Test Kitchen
Place bars in a single layer in an airtight container. Store at room temperature up to 3 days or freeze up to 3 months.
Nutrition Facts (Cherry Dark Chocolate Chip Bars)
- Per serving:
- 204 kcal ,
- 9 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 2 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 19 mg chol. ,
- 85 mg sodium ,
- 28 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 22 g sugar ,
- 1 g pro.