Cherry-Chocolate Clusters with Salted Almonds
- Place almonds in a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Layer semisweet chocolate pieces and sweet baking chocolate evenly over almonds. Sprinkle with dried cherries; top with candy coating.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until chocolates are softened and melted just enough to stir together (be careful not to overcook or chocolates will scorch). Meanwhile, line two large trays or baking sheets with 2-1/2-inch paper bake cups; set aside.
- Carefully remove lid from cooker. Stir chocolate mixture until well mixed. Drop chocolate mixture by heaping tablespoons into the paper bake cups. Sprinkle with sea salt. Chill about 1 hour or until set.
- If desired, remove candy clusters from paper cups. Store candy in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
From the Test Kitchen
Why melt chocolate in a slow cooker? Using a slow cooker is a great way to melt a large amount of chocolate safely. Be sure to use the low-heat setting and watch carefully to avoid scorching. Chocolate will look softened and will melt nicely when stirred. Never use high-heat setting.
Nutrition Facts (Cherry-Chocolate Clusters with Salted Almonds)
- Per serving:
- 210 kcal ,
- 14 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 6 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 0 mg chol. ,
- 233 mg sodium ,
- 21 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 15 g sugar ,
- 3 g pro.