- Line a large cookie sheet with foil; set aside. In a medium heavy saucepan cook and stir candy coating and white chocolate over low heat until melted. Remove from heat. Stir in 1 cup of the dried cherries and the orange peel.
- Pour mixture onto the prepared cookie sheet. Spread mixture into an even layer about 1/4 inch thick. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup dried cherries and the cashews. Press cherries and cashews lightly into chocolate.
- Chill about 30 minutes or until firm. (Or let candy stand at room temperature for several hours until firm.) Using the edges of the foil, lift candy from the cookie sheet; carefully peel off foil and break or cut candy into pieces.
From the Test Kitchen
Layer candy between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or freeze for up to 3 months. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Prepare as directed, except omit dried cherries, orange peel, and cashews. In a medium bowl combine 1 cup finely chopped toasted macadamia nuts, 1/2 cup toasted shredded coconut, 1/2 cup snipped dried pineapple, and 1 teaspoon finely shredded lime or lemon peel. Stir half of the nut mixture into the melted coating mixture. Spread mixture on cookie sheet as directed. Sprinkle with the remaining nut mixture.
Nutrition Facts per piece:103 cal., 1 g protein, 10 g carb., 7 g total fat (4 g sat. fat), 1 mg chol., 0 g dietary fiber, 0% vit. A, 0% vit. C, 5 mg sodium, 1% calcium, 1% iron.
Nutrition Facts (Cherry-Cashew Bark)
- Per serving:
- 91 kcal ,
- 5 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 0 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 0 mg chol. ,
- 5 mg sodium ,
- 13 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 10 g sugar ,
- 1 g pro.