Cherry-Almond Snack Bars
- Line an 8x8x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over edges of pan. Coat foil with cooking spray; set pan aside.
- In a large bowl combine cereal, almonds, and dried cherries; set aside.
- In a small saucepan cook and stir honey and almond butter over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until mixture is smooth. Pour honey mixture over cereal mixture; stir gently to coat.
- Transfer mixture to the prepared baking pan; press firmly and evenly into pan.* Cover and chill for at least 1 hour. Using the edges of the foil, lift uncut bars out of pan. Cut into bars.
From the Test Kitchen
Use a large piece of waxed paper to help press the cereal mixture firmly into the pan.
Place bars in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Nutrition Facts (Cherry-Almond Snack Bars)
- Per serving:
- 138 kcal ,
- 6 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 4 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 0 mg chol. ,
- 43 mg sodium ,
- 20 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 13 g sugar ,
- 3 g pro.