- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line two large cookie sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine flour, the 1 1/2 cups sugar, the baking powder, and salt. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture. In a small bowl lightly beat eggs and egg yolks. Stir the melted butter into beaten eggs. Place egg mixture in the well in flour mixture; stir flour mixture until the dough starts to form a ball. Stir in almonds and dried cherries (dough will be crumbly). Use your hands to knead the dough until it comes together.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Divide dough into three equal portions. Shape each portion into a 14-inch roll. Place rolls about 3 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets; flatten rolls slightly to about 1 1/2 inches wide. Sprinkle rolls with 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until rolls are firm and light brown. Remove from oven. Place cookie sheets on wire racks; cool for 15 minutes.
- Transfer rolls to cutting board. Use a serrated knife to cut each roll diagonally into 1/2-inch slices. Place slices, cut sides down, on cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Turn slices over; bake for 10 to 15 minutes more or until crisp and golden brown.
- Transfer biscotti to wire racks placed over sheets of waxed paper. Place Cream Cheese Drizzle in a small resealable plastic bag. Seal bag and snip off a tiny corner of the bag. Drizzle Cream Cheese Drizzle over biscotti. Let stand until set.
From the Test Kitchen
Layer undrizzled biscotti between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; seal. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 1 month. To serve, thaw cookies if frozen. Drizzle cookies as directed in Step 7.
Cream Cheese Drizzle
- In a medium bowl beat 3 ounces softened cream cheese and 1/4 teaspoon almond extract with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until creamy. Beat in 1 cup powdered sugar, adding milk as needed to make an icing of drizzling consistency.
Nutrition Facts (Cherry-Almond Biscotti)
- Per serving:
- 101 kcal ,
- 3 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat ,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 1 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 23 mg chol. ,
- 79 mg sodium ,
- 16 g carb. ,
- 1 g fiber ,
- 10 g sugar ,
- 2 g pro.