Cheesy Tuna Noodle Casserole
- Lightly grease a 2-quart rectangular baking dish; set aside. In a large saucepan cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Return noodles to pan.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, in a medium saucepan heat 1/4 cup butter over medium heat until melted. Add sweet pepper, celery, and onion; cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in flour, mustard, salt, and black pepper. Gradually stir in milk. Cook and stir until slightly thickened and bubbly.
- Gently fold sauce, tuna, and cheddar cheese into cooked noodles. Transfer noodle mixture to the prepared baking dish. In a small bowl stir together panko, Parmesan cheese, and parsley; stir in melted butter. Sprinkle crumb mixture over noodle mixture. (To serve today, omit Step 4. Continue as directed in Step 5, except bake, uncovered, for 25 to 30 minutes.)
- Cover baking dish with plastic wrap, then with foil. Freeze for up to 1 month. To serve, thaw in the refrigerator overnight (casserole may still be a bit icy).
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Bake, uncovered, for 65 to 75 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts (Cheesy Tuna Noodle Casserole)
- Per serving:
- 416 kcal ,
- 22 g fat
- (13 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 6 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 95 mg chol. ,
- 779 mg sodium ,
- 28 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 7 g sugar ,
- 25 g pro.
ALR6107162DW 154 Days Ago
A wonderfully delicious comfort food recipe made from scratch, no cans of soup!
Liz Stamp 1353 Days Ago
Could you include microwave instructions for these? I know some of them may not bake as well, but I'd like to make up some of them for my son to heat.