Cheesy Spaghetti Squash Lasagna
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Halve squash crosswise; remove seeds. Place squash, cut sides down, in a microwave-safe 2-quart rectangular baking dish. Add the water. Cover with vented plastic wrap. Microwave on 100 percent power (high) for 13 to 15 minutes or until squash is tender when pierced with a fork, turning dish once. Drain and cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook mushrooms, sweet pepper, onion, and garlic in hot oil over medium heat about 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Using two forks, shred and separate squash pulp into strands (you should have about 3 cups). Wipe out the same baking dish; coat with cooking spray. Spread half of the squash in the prepared baking dish. Add half of the mushroom mixture; sprinkle with Italian seasoning and black pepper. Top with half of the pasta sauce and half of the cheese. Top with the remaining squash, mushroom mixture, and pasta sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake about 5 minutes more or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with parsley.
From the Test Kitchen
Make it vegan:
Substitute mozzarella-flavor soy cheese for the mozzarella cheese.
Nutrition Facts (Cheesy Spaghetti Squash Lasagna)
- Per serving:
- 170 kcal ,
- 7 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 3 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 12 mg chol. ,
- 350 mg sodium ,
- 21 g carb. ,
- 2 g fiber ,
- 7 g sugar ,
- 8 g pro.