Cheesy Chicken-Chile Quesadillas
- Using the flat side of a meat mallet, flatten chicken between two pieces of plastic wrap until 1/2 inch thick. For rub, in a small bowl stir together cumin, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Sprinkle mixture over chicken; rub in with your fingers.
- Grill chile peppers, uncovered, over medium heat 15 minutes or until charred, turning occasionally. Remove from grill and wrap in foil. Grill chicken, covered, 8 to 11 minutes or until done (165 degrees F), turning once.
- Cut chile peppers in half lengthwise; remove stems and seeds.* Peel off and discard skins. Cut peppers into 1-inch strips. Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces.
- In a large bowl combine chile peppers, chicken, and both cheeses. Spoon chicken mixture onto half of each tortilla. Fold tortilla in half; press firmly. Grill quesadillas, uncovered, over medium heat 4 minutes or until heated through and light brown, turning once.
From the Test Kitchen
Chile peppers contain oils that can irritate your skin and eyes. Wear plastic or rubber gloves when working with them.
Nutrition Facts (Cheesy Chicken-Chile Quesadillas)
- Per serving:
- 328 kcal ,
- 13 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat ,
- 2 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 7 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 55 mg chol. ,
- 834 mg sodium ,
- 29 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 0 g sugar ,
- 23 g pro.