Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake
- Position two oven racks, one above the other, bottom rack in lowest position. On bottom rack place a 13x9x2-inch baking pan and pour in water to 1-inch depth. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. To drain pumpkin, line a fine mesh sieve with 100 percent cotton cheesecloth or paper coffee filter; seat over a bowl. Spoon in pumpkin; set aside while preparing crust.
- For crust, in bowl stir together crushed gingersnaps, butter, and the 2 tablespoons brown sugar. Press crumb mixture onto bottom and about 1 inch up sides of 9x3-inch springform pan. Bake 5 minutes or until firm. Cool completely on rack.
- For filling, in large bowl beat cream cheese and the 1-1/4 cups brown sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Beat in pumpkin (discard liquid), flour, and pumpkin pie spice until combined. Stir in eggs by hand.
- Pour filling into crust-lined pan, spreading to sides of pan. Place springform pan on baking sheet then on oven rack above water-filled pan. Bake 1 hour or until filling appears set when gently shaken. Turn off oven; let cheesecake stand in oven 30 minutes. (Top may crack as it cools.)
- Cool in pan on wire rack 15 minutes. With small sharp knife, loosen crust from sides of pan; cool 30 minutes. Remover sides of pan; cool completely on rack. Cover and chill at least 4 hours before serving. Serve with Cranberry Topping. Makes 14 servings.
- In small saucepan combine cranberries and corn syrup. Cook and stir over medium heat 4 to 5 minutes or until berries begin to pop. Remove from heat; stir in 1/2 cup cranberry sauce or relish. Cool. Makes 1-1/2 cups topping.
Nutrition Facts (Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake)
- Per serving:
- 338 kcal ,
- 16 g fat
- (9 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 2 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 121 mg chol. ,
- 288 mg sodium ,
- 41 g carb. ,
- 3 g fiber ,
- 27 g sugar ,
- 7 g pro.
Lu Mujica 1138 Days Ago
I made his for Thanksgiving to give a new twist for our pumpkin pie lovers and it was a huge hit! Very delicious!