Mocha Marble Cheesecake
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease the bottom and side of an 8-inch springform pan.
- For crust, in a medium bowl, combine finely crushed chocolate wafers, the 1/4 cup sugar, and the 2 teaspoons espresso powder. Stir in melted butter. Press the mixture evenly on the bottom and about halfway up the side of prepared pan.
- For filling, in a small bowl, combine milk chocolate and the 3/4 teaspoon espresso powder. Add boiling water; stir until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, the 1/2 cup sugar, and the vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Using a wooden spoon, stir in eggs just until combined.
- Stir 2/3 cup of the cream cheese mixture into the chocolate mixture. Pour the remaining cream cheese mixture into crust-lined pan; smooth top. Spoon ribbons of the chocolate batter over plain batter, making sure to leave some plain batter showing. Gently jiggle pan to level. Using a small spoon, gently stir batter until the colors are intermingled but not completely mixed.
- Place springform pan in a shallow baking pan. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until center appears nearly set when gently shaken.
- Cool in springform pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Using a small sharp knife, loosen from side of pan. Cool for 30 minutes more. Remove side of springform pan. Cool for 1 hour. Cover and chill for at least 6 hours or up to 24 hours. Makes 14 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Reprinted with permission from A Year in Chocolate by Alice Medrich.