- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour 10-inch springform pan; set aside. In large bowl combine carrot cake mix, 1 cup water, oil, and 3 of the eggs. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, scraping sides of bowl constantly. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes. Fold in raisins. Pour into pan.
- In another large bowl beat cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Beat in granulated sugar and vanilla until smooth. Beat in remaining 3 eggs just until combined. Slowly pour over carrot cake layer. Place cheesecake on baking sheet.
- Bake for 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until center is set (top will be uneven and center may fall slightly as it cools). Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes. Using small sharp knife, loosen the cake from the sides of the pan. Cool 30 minutes. Remove sides of pan; cool completely, and refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a small baking pan with foil; lightly coat foil with cooking spray. In small bowl combine 2 tablespoons powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon water, and cinnamon. Stir in walnuts. Spread nuts in even layer in prepared baking pan. Bake 8 minutes or until nuts are lightly toasted, stirring once. Cool.
- In medium bowl combine 1 cup powdered sugar and enough milk to make of drizzling consistency. Cut cheesecake into wedges and place each wedge on serving plate. Drizzle each serving with some of the powdered sugar icing. Break up walnuts and place atop cheesecake wedges. Makes 16 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Carrot Cheesecake)
- Per serving:
- 506 kcal ,
- 28 g fat
- (12 g sat. fat ,
- 7 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 6 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 126 mg chol. ,
- 373 mg sodium ,
- 59 g carb. ,
- 0 g fiber ,
- 46 g sugar ,
- 8 g pro.
tonyah4301 29 Days Ago
I use this recipe quite often and it has always been a crowd pleaser. I use 3-8 oz pagages of cream cheese as there is an error in ingredient list. I recommend trying it with other cake mixes as well. My family loves it when I use a lemon cake mix. I've also used a spice cake mix and even a chocolate cake mix. All very different and very good. The cooking time varies on all of them so recommend that you start checking it at 1 hour 15 min. It has taken up 2 hours and 15 min to bake for the carrot cake.
Monique Laroche 752 Days Ago
Just to let you know there is an error in your list of ingredients, you listed "3 ounces of cream cheese" and in the magazine dated March 2009 the recipe says "3, 8 packages of cream cheese". I kept this magazine because of that recipe.Regards,Monique