- Cut a 2- to 2 1/2-inch thick slice out of the center of the watermelon. Carefully slice and remove the red center, save for another use. Pat dry the watermelon rind ring and place in a 9-inch springform pan.
- In a small bowl combine graham cracker crumbs, butter, brown sugar, and salt. Press into the bottom of the pan and a little up the sides of the watermelon rind. Chill until ready to use.
- In a medium saucepan, combine strawberries, water, and vanilla. Cook and stir over medium until strawberries are very soft, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl sprinkle gelatin over the cold water and allow to bloom for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Transfer strawberry mixture to a blender and blend until smooth. Return mixture back to the saucepan and add gelatin mixture. Cook over medium-low heat, whisking until gelatin has dissolved completely. Remove from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl (or the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment) beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in the strawberry mixture until smooth. If desired, beat in red food coloring.
- In a separate bowl, beat heavy cream on medium-high until stiff peaks begin to form. Gently fold whipped cream into strawberry cream cheese mixture until combined. Pour into prepared watermelon rind. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and chill 4 to 24 hours.
abrenat 245 Days Ago
This looks like a lot of work to make something look like a watermelon. If you like the filling just make it in a spring form pan and save the watermelon for another time.
malarky17 244 Days Ago
Looks super cute, but... strawberries? Is there something wrong with a watermelon flavored cheesecake?