Cheeseburger and Fries Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a 12-inch skillet cook ground beef, sweet pepper, onion, and garlic over medium heat until meat is brown and vegetables are tender. Drain off fat. Stir undrained tomatoes and tomato paste into beef mixture. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Spoon mixture into the bottom of an ungreased 2-quart rectangular baking dish. In a medium bowl stir together soup and sour cream; spread over meat mixture in baking dish. Sprinkle potatoes over top of soup mixture. If desired, sprinkle with seasoned salt.
- Bake, uncovered, for 40 to 45 minutes or until heated through and potatoes are golden. If desired, serve with assorted toppers.
Nutrition Facts (Cheeseburger and Fries Casserole)
- Per serving:
- 493 kcal ,
- 26 g fat
- (10 g sat. fat ,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat ,
- 11 g monounsaturated fat ),
- 87 mg chol. ,
- 1319 mg sodium ,
- 46 g carb. ,
- 5 g fiber ,
- 8 g sugar ,
- 28 g pro.
Amie Bullis 1345 Days Ago
I made this recipe without any changes a while back. It was ok, but we didn't really care for the cheese soup part. I made it again today and just used shredded cheddar cheese in place of the soup and sour cream. It was better but the fries do get kinda soggy. I think I would rather just make sloppy joes and fries.
Melinda Kirch 1600 Days Ago
I am actually looking forward to trying this for my in laws tonight. First night that I am cooking for them. Hope it turns out great and that they like it.
Felicia Rios Poteet 2000 Days Ago
I really enjoyed this recipe, it is a keeper! I did make some changes, I added steak grill seasoning, Kitchen Bouquet, and Worcestershire sauce to the meat mixture. I also wish that I had pre-cooked the fries while I was cooking the meat, they got a little mushy and I prefer my fries crispy. Instead of season salt i used cajun seasoning on the fries.