Recipes and Cooking Cheddar Wafers 5.0 (1) Store-bought crackers? No need--these easy, cheesy cheddar snacks are far tastier. Package them up in cute containers to share as food gifts. By BHG Test Kitchen BHG Test Kitchen The Better Homes & Gardens Test Kitchen has been in continuous operation for nearly 100 years, developing and testing practical, reliable recipes that readers can enjoy at home. The Test Kitchen team includes culinary specialists, food stylists, registered and licensed nutritionists, and other experts with Bachelor of Science degrees in food science, food and nutrition, or culinary arts. Together, the team tests more than 2,500 recipes, produces more than 2,500 food images, and creates more than 1,000 food videos each year in the state-of-the-art test kitchen. Learn about BHG's Editorial Process Published on October 11, 2018 Print Rate It Share Share Tweet Pin Email Photo: Andy Lyons Prep Time: 45 mins Bake Time: 8 mins Total Time: 53 mins Yield: 10 dozen wafers Jump to Nutrition Facts Ingredients 2 cup all-purpose flour 1 cup sesame seeds, toasted 2 cup finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese (8 ounces) 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar ½ - 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper ¼ teaspoon baking powder ¼ teaspoon salt ½ cup butter, melted 1 egg Directions Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper; set aside. In a large bowl stir together flour, sesame seeds, cheddar cheese, brown sugar, crushed red pepper, baking powder, and salt. Add butter and egg; mix until blended. Shape 1 teaspoon dough into a ball and place on the prepared cookie sheet; repeat with remaining dough, spacing balls 2 inches apart. Flatten balls to 1 1/2-inch circles. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges and bottoms are light brown. Cool on cookie sheet on wire rack for 2 minutes. Transfer wafers to wire racks and let cool. Divide wafers among gift packages. Make-Ahead Directions: Store wafers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Rate it Print Nutrition Facts (per serving) 30 Calories 2g Fat 2g Carbs 1g Protein Show Full Nutrition Label Hide Full Nutrition Label Nutrition Facts Calories 30 % Daily Value * Total Fat 2g 3% Saturated Fat 1g 5% Cholesterol 6mg 2% Sodium 24mg 1% Total Carbohydrate 2g 1% Protein 1g Calcium 30.3mg 2% Iron 0.4mg 2% Potassium 11mg 0% Folate, total 4mcg *The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.